Re: nsdispatch capability

On 26 Nov 2008, at 21:26, David Dudley wrote:
I'm having a problem with getting a program to run that is doing host
lookups.

What API do you use? The best API is probably getaddrinfo(3) or
the slightly more complicate res_query(3).

It's written in C++, and when I run it, it tries to reference
"nss_dns.so.0" unsuccessfully.

Why do you try to use that NSS module directly? There is no
reason to do that. NSS modules are supposed to be used by
the system's C library, not by applications.

        Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                           http://zhadum.org.uk/