Re: radeon(hd?) on Thinkpad T60p (again)

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 01:22:12 +0100, Moritz Wilhelmy wrote:
> > you can also disable DRM directly in xorg.conf.
>
> I'll be trying that next.

No luck via Xorg.conf. I managed to disable radeondrm via the boot
prompt, though, through "userconf disable radeondrm" and that worked.

I even went so far and removed radeondrm.kmod from /stand, but it seems
that isn't enough as it's compiled into the GENERIC kernel.

Seems my userconf directive in boot.cfg isn't getting executed.
Now it works and I'm typing this email from X11.

Will probably just compile my own kernel with radeondrm disabled.
How much will the X11 performance suffer?

Moritz

--
Sent from my PDP-11 via UUCP