re: radeon(hd?) on Thinkpad T60p (again)

>  * radeonhd driver results in some glitches and then a blackscreen

i would avoid using this driver; it is abandoned and the radeon
drvier covers everything these days.  we probably should remove it.

>  * adding "userconf disable radeondrm" to /boot.cfg doesn't help, X11
>    is glitchy.

i'm not overly familiar with userconf in boot.cfg, but perhaps
this isn't the right way, or your /boot is pre- support for
userconf disable?

> I'm running -current/6.99.30.
> My GPU seems to be (from dmesg)
> radeondrm0 at vga1: ATI Mobility FireGL V5200
> radeondrm0: Initialized radeon 1.29.0 20080613
>
> which is interesting, given that I disabled radeondrm in boot.cfg...?
>
> Xorg.0.log with radeonhd contains binary garbage.
>
> You can find the logs here:
> http://barfooze.de/tmp/bly/
>
> Any ideas appreciated.

are you running i386 or amd64?  i've seen some strange display
issues on the same hardware with i386 but not amd64, but only
for one particular radeon card and only when radeondrm was
active.

you can also disable DRM directly in xorg.conf.

.mrg.