Re: Migrating ports from XFree86 to Xorg (Was: Changing default X11_TYPE from native to modular for some platforms)

Hello,

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 21:08:09 +0200
Frank Wille <frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost> wrote:

> Can we come back to the real problems? :)
>
> Question: Does XOrg's wsfb expect the mapped frame buffer to have the
> same resolution as the wsdisplay console had before?

It doesn't know or care what the console looks like.
All it knows is what information it gets via ioctl(WSDISPLAYIO_GINFO), it has
to be valid while the wsdisplay driver is in WSDISPLAYIO_MODE_MAPPED.
So, what your driver does in WSDISPLAYIO_MODE_EMUL is its own business and
nobody else's.

What I'm trying to say here is, you don't need to worry about this, wsfb has no
way to know if there is a difference and if there was one it wouldn't care ;)

have fun
Michael