Re: Migrating ports from XFree86 to Xorg (Was: Changing default X11_TYPE from native to modular for some platforms)

Hello,

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 19:37:03 +0200
Radoslaw Kujawa <radoslaw.kujawa%c0ff33.net@localhost> wrote:

> On 27 wrz 2011, at 17:27, Frank Wille wrote:
>
> > Yes, it does not care about it. It just calls putchar() with a text position
> > and our driver has to render the character, just in the same way as it
> > did in the ite driver before. At least I hope so?
>
> I'm not sure if I am following. Do you want to use existing procedures in grf

Yes :)

> for terminal emulation?

No. Or rather, wsdisplay provides the terminal emulation, grf and the
underlying drivers do the drawing.

> If we're going to disconnect ite device, then there will be no putchar
> function to use (because it is provided by ite). We need to rewrite it for
> wsdisplay.

Huh? Ite draws characters by calling functions provided by grf, wsdisplay can
do the same.

have fun
Michael