Re: colorls in base

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 09:56:56PM +0000, Alexander Nasonov wrote:
> New features should start from the installer ;-)
>
> IMO, the installer should offer two choices of colour and
> the selected choice should become a default for other tools.

I strongly object to adding non-essenital choices to the main install
process.

The installer itself offers a few colour choices, but slightly hidden in
the utility menu (so not disturbing the typical install flow), and I
would have no problem with adding a "set up system colour scheme" as
an optional item in the final "configure system" menu.

However, this would require some central place where to put that choice,
and users would expect it to work ~everywhere in their later environment
(including various terminal emulators in X with whatever background
colour, as well as the console and even remote ssh sessions from other
machines, in maybe non-NetBSD/non-X terminal emulators).

So the installer part will be the most easy part of all this, and it needs
to be the last one done after everything else works.

Martin