ftp does not glob using RFC 3986 addresses

John D. Baker noticed [1] that our ftp(1) does explicitly not do globbing for
rfc3986-addresses [2], i.e. urls of the type "protocol:server/path" instead
of the classic type "server:path".
I think that's a very unintuitional behvaiour. Apparently, OpenBSD's ftp(1)
doesn't do it this way, FreeBSD's ftp(1) behaves like ours, but they also
have fetch(1). From a short look at rfc3986 (no treally thoroughly), an
asterisk is a reserved character anyway.

Is there something I missed, or are there other reasons to not have globbing
for rfc3986 uris? Or should we change this behaviour?

Regards, Julian