Re: Fwd: GSoC Project: Replacement for Apropos

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 8:51 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger
<> wrote:

>> Also, I will be having my semester exams at the end of May so I will
>> not be available for around 10 days, will that be a problem ?
> Officially, work phase for the GSoC starts on May 24. Starting before
> that isn't really an issue. E.g. if "not available" means "completely
> vanishing from the world", that's going to ring some warning bells.
> Having a light week, especially if the prepation phase went well, isn't
> an issue though. We all know about the importance of exams. Mentors also
> have sometimes events that demand attention, but we have the advantage
> of being able to distribute the load :)
> Joerg

I have put up the proposal on GSoC website. I would appreciate
feedback, so that I can improve it.

Here is the link:

I personally feel that perhaps more details are required ? But it is
too long and I already cut short on a lot of stuff. But I tried to
answer as many questions as I could from the NetBSD SoC Application
guideline (

p.s.: There might be some spelling and formatting mistakes, I will
check and correct them as I get time. The wysiwyg editor was not a
great help.