Re: chown in /sbin

On Jan,Wednesday 12 2011, at 12:57 AM, David Laight wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 10:02:38PM +0200, Alan Barrett wrote:
>> On Tue, 11 Jan 2011, der Mouse wrote:
>>> How much of a mess would it be to (say) have /usr/src/usr.sbin/foo
>>> build a binary which gets installed into /bin/foo?  (Of course it's
>>> possible; it's just a question of how easy it would be.)
>>
>> It's very easy; just add BINDIR=/bin to src/usr.sbin/foo/Makefile,
>> and it will install /bin/foo instead of installing /usr/sbin/foo.
>>
>> I recommend *not* doing this, because it would be confusing for humans
>> using the source tree.
>
> However it does avoid 'losing' all the cvs history.

So how I should do this move first I think it's a correct way
(but we lose cvs history)

copy usr.sbin/[chown|chgrp] to sbin/
fix makefiles [add them in sbin/Makefile remove them in usr.sbin/Makefile]
cvs add them
cvs commit files
change lists mark usr.sbin/[chown|chgrp] as obsolete add sbin/[chown|chgrp]
cvs commit lists
cvs remove usr.sbin/[chown|chgrp]
fix mtree entries to make a link from
        /sbin/[chown|chgrp] to /usr/sbin/[chown|chgrp]
cvs commit mtree

Is this proper way to do this move ?

Regards

Adam.