Re: chown in /sbin

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011, David Laight wrote:

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 11:37:29AM +0900, enami tsugutomo wrote:
I would like to move chown from /usr/sbin/chown to /sbin/chown while I
will make symbolic link from /sbin/chown to /usr/sbin/chown to stay

Are you proposing moving chgrp also, or chown only?

Actually is it possibly to move the binaries without moving the sources?
The source tree locations needn't really match those of the binary.
I end up doing 'cd *bin/progname' when looking for the sources anyway.

Certainly possible. We could put "reachover" build structure into the new parent directory, and leave the sources in their current location.

Now, whether that's desirable or not, that is a different question!

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at    |