Re: tn3270, mset and map3270

>> In order not to lose functions like $TERMCAP and tn3270, please
>> implement terminfo as an emulation on top of native termcap.
> What (fictitious) terminals are we talking about BTW that require the
> use of TERMCAP?

I don't think it's so much that the terminals care - how can they tell
what software generated the sequences they see? - it is a question of
compatability with things, things that used to work just fine, that
stuff descriptions in $TERMCAP and expect them to work.  I would
actually say, though, that as long as it works to set $TERMCAP and have
no $TERMINFO, it doesn't matter whether it's done by emulating terminfo
on top of termcap, the other way around, or even some third option
(such as both implementations present and the choice between them made
at runtime).

Of course, if NetBSD no longer cares about backwards compatability,
this doesn't matter.  I would hope that's not the case.

\ / Ribbon Campaign