Re: tn3270, mset and map3270

In article <> writes:

> > - Will setting $TERMCAP still work? What are you planning to do with
> > tset -s? - Who are we copying the terminfo library from? FreeBSD? -
> > Something needs to be done with tn3270 (c3270 or whatever)
> $TERMCAP will not work
> tset -s just prints $TERM
> I wrote the terminfo code, but the terminfo database is from ncurses.
> > There are probably a few more things that will break that I have not
> > considered so far...

In order not to lose functions like $TERMCAP and tn3270,
please implement terminfo as an emulation on top of native termcap.

You have already written most of needed code for termcap <-> terminfo
conversion, so the implementation will not be so difficult.
tic command would be something like infotocap && cap_mkdb.

ITOH Yasufumi