Re: tn3270, mset and map3270

On 17/01/2010 04:44, Christos Zoulas wrote:
On Jan 17,  3:13am, roy%NetBSD.org@localhost (Roy Marples) wrote: -- Subject:
Re: tn3270, mset and map3270

| On 17/01/2010 01:03, Christos Zoulas wrote: |>  I think we should
still maintain termcap for compatibility. Otherwise |>  old binaries
are going to break. | | Binary compat is maintained, except for the
NetBSD extensions.

- Are we providing all the termcap capabilities that have different
names under terminfo?
http://opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908775/xcurses/terminfo.html

Yes.

- Are you planning to link libtermcap.so to libterminfo.so?

Yes.

- Will setting $TERMCAP still work? What are you planning to do with
tset -s? - Who are we copying the terminfo library from? FreeBSD? -
Something needs to be done with tn3270 (c3270 or whatever)

$TERMCAP will not work
tset -s just prints $TERM
I wrote the terminfo code, but the terminfo database is from ncurses.

There are probably a few more things that will break that I have not
considered so far...

Thanks

Roy