Re: Lua as a scripting language in NetBSD

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 05:41:51PM +0200, Alan Barrett wrote:
> I am neither for nor against the idea of adding a new small language
> to base, but a few good examples would move me to the "for" side.
> Lua looks like a reasonable choice, but then so does tcl.

Ow.  Ow, ow, ow.  Have you ever tried to cross-build Tcl?

The Tcl runtime is not exactly svelte, either.  And, of course, the
"Tcl way" is to install a *complete copy of Tcl* for every application
which "embeds" it.  When you try to undo that, you end up with something
like ActiveTcl, which is considerably larger than NetBSD 'base' all by

Thor Lancelot Simon
    "Even experienced UNIX users occasionally enter rm *.* at the UNIX
     prompt only to realize too late that they have removed the wrong
     segment of the directory structure." - Microsoft WSS whitepaper