Re: Lua as a scripting language in NetBSD

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 01:35:39AM +0000, David Holland wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 10:03:59PM +0200, Zafer Aydogan wrote:
>  > No, thanks. Python is broken by design. (explicit self).
>
> That hardly seems like a major issue to me...

I have to say, I like Python as a language for many purposes.  But as an
embedded scripting language, I don't like Python.  It is very, very hard
to cross build, its runtime is huge, and its maintainers have basically
no self discipline, changing the API and ABI at the drop of a hat for
whatever they think is "better".  Not a good fit as a standard extension
language for our base system.  Lua or awklib would be my vote.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon
tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost