Re: should we ship linkable gmp/mpfr/mpc or hide them?

On Sat, 16 Jul 2011, Mouse wrote:
I'd be much more interested in making a layer on top of (public-domain) libtommath which could do both gmp and openssl-style bignums. I have started on this, but could do with some help. Anyone interested?

I'm interested in anything that would let me get rid of libgmp [...]

I haven't used it, but I just noticed pkgsrc/math/fgmp, which is billed as a public domain implementation of a subset of the gmp API.

--apb (Alan Barrett)