Re: Using build.sh for cross builds

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 22:37:54 +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 12:21:57PM -0800, Bob Lee wrote:
> >  In our environment, the desire is to build the tools once, keep them
> >  on a read only mounted file system.  Tools only updated when needed
> >  for everyone.
>
> Well, then there is not much left to do. You can build.sh tools
> to create or update the r/o tooldir and then use:
>
>   $TOOLDIR/bin/nbmake-$arch cleandir obj dependall install
>
> where cleandir and obj may not always be needed.
> You can also do this on subdirs of the source tree if you know what
> you are doing.

What Martin said.  For most targets build.sh op eventually (after
doing sanity checks, building tools etc) results in just
${makewrapper} ${op} where makewrapper is your
$TOOLDIR/bin/nbmake-$arch

Just in case, beware though that makewrapper hardcodes your objdir,
destdir and releasedir settings, so if you want different people to
use the same "permanent" tooldir, you'll need to arrange things so
that parallel invocations by different users on the same machine do
not collide.

SY, Uwe
--
uwe%stderr.spb.ru@localhost                       |       Zu Grunde kommen