Re: Sets, subsets, syspkgs, and MK*

> > > I can't answer it because I don't see how things like
> > > "Sets, subsets, syspkgs, and MK*" affect on creating
> > > binary patches.

Think NetBSD 6.0 gets a security bug in YP code (USE_YP).  Because it changes
global signature, all binary users have to apply that patch.  Even if your
1,000 machines don't use YP at all.

> > > We can simply create binary patches
> > > from two sets of DESTDIR, can't we?

Creating global binary patches would be like that.  Global binary patch
meaning all users have to apply all patches.  Binary patches are accumulative
like Windows SP1, SP2, ...

You don't want to waste your precious weekend to apply unrelated binary
updates against 1,000 machines.  Does this answer your question?

Masao

--
Masao Uebayashi / Tombi Inc. / Tel: +81-90-9141-4635