tech-ports archive

Re: [M-Labs devel] NetBSD kernel booting on lm32

In article
<CACi+aWYQ9x8c2W6M7qwzOdr=L9cVZKZ_P4jsPORttsoAGJxd5w%mail.gmail.com@localhost>,
Yann Sionneau  <yann.sionneau%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
><yann.sionneau%gmail.com@localhost>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am very happy to announce that the NetBSD/lm32 project is making good
>> progress :)
>>
>>[...]
>>
>> Regards,
>>

>Hi NetBSD guys,
>
>Is this normal I get that much error messages about sysctl_createv ?
>Am I doing something wrong here?
>
>seems return 2 means "ENOENT" when doing the sysctl_locate() from
>within sysctl_createv().
>
>Moreover, when adding "options INET" in my kernel config, then
>arp_init() is doing a lot of sysctl_createv() one of them is filling a
>"node" pointer with NULL, then this node is dereferenced later in
>other calls to sysctl_createv(), I don't see exactly why this happens
>( cf http://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/sys/netinet/if_arp.c#1631 ).

Do you see the printf:

                printf("sysctl_createv: sysctl_locate(%s) returned %d\n",
                    nnode.sysctl_name, error);

I don't see this in any of the kernels I boot..

christos