Re: maintaining bulk-{small,medium,large}

Havard Eidnes <he%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

>> How horrible would it be to set something in bulk-small/Makefile which
>> would cause any subsequent rust build to abort?
>
> Not sure how to do that, but ref. above, there's of course
>
> RUST_TYPE=bin
>
> to reduce the impact on build times.

Long ago, someone said something like "If I wanted pkgbin instead of
pkgsrc, I'd just run Debian" and I thought it was quite apt!

In all of this I think we should not be deviating from default build.
If someone wants to produce a non-default build, that's of course up to
them.

I find it quite useful to have the discussion about catching up to the
way things are now, relative to intent.  Lots of things are vastly
heavier than they used to me.  That's just how it is now.