Re: maintaining bulk-{small,medium,large}

On Thu, 14 Sept 2023 at 13:53, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> David Holland <dholland-pkgtech%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:
>
> > It is worse than this. Currently rust is implicitly in bulk-small. I
> > think this is a consequence of libimagequant, which is included by
> > graphics/gd.
>
> I think rust has to be limited to bulk-large.

For the current specifications of the three levels I would have to
agree, but I feel like there should be scope for something below the
largest bulk meta package which includes firefox (& implicitly rust),
whether that is bulk-medium or a bulk-desktop.

A bulk-desktop could include firefox, vnc and rdp viewers, gimp, image
viewer & filemanager. Deciding the contents could devolve into a
bikeshed, and I'm happy to defer the suggestion for this pass.

Oh, and 100% in agreement with wiz's comment to focus more on listing
apps and tools rather than libraries

On 9/14/23 10:59, David Holland wrote:
> It is worse than this. Currently rust is implicitly in bulk-small. I
> think this is a consequence of libimagequant, which is included by
> graphics/gd.

How horrible would it be to set something in bulk-small/Makefile which
would cause any subsequent rust build to abort?

David