Re: maintaining bulk-{small,medium,large}

>>> How horrible would it be to set something in bulk-small/Makefile which
>>> would cause any subsequent rust build to abort?
>>
>> Not sure how to do that, but ref. above, there's of course
>>
>> RUST_TYPE=bin
>>
>> to reduce the impact on build times.
>
> Long ago, someone said something like "If I wanted pkgbin instead of
> pkgsrc, I'd just run Debian" and I thought it was quite apt!

There is some sense in that.  However, for rust, you will be
using the same bits that go into the rust-bin package for
bootstrapping the rust build itself.  I think rust itself a
couple of versions ago got the option to bootstrap using an
already-installed rust, but the pkgsrc package has not been
adapted to make that an option (yet).

Regards,

- Håvard