Re: pkg_admin check vs ruby

* On 2023-09-06 at 12:46 BST, Thomas Klausner wrote:

On Wed, Sep 06, 2023 at 09:49:01AM +0100, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

Also I'd like to remove the annoying "..." progress output of pkg_admin
check.  Others would argue it violates principles of silent command output,
should be on stderr, etc.  I'm simply annoyed that it makes everything look
terrible when there are errors, as seen above.

Yes please.

It also exits success when there are failures.

Ouch.

A patch that fixes these issues, as well as testing notes, is available here for review:

  https://gist.github.com/jperkin/6615a3fea7368e353e5c9dd48afce0bc

Cheers,

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com