Re: pkg_admin check vs ruby

Thomas Klausner <wiz%gatalith.at@localhost> writes:

> ocaml has this issue too, I see:
> /usr/pkg/lib/ocaml/ld.conf fails MD5 checksum

Yes, but at least that is perceived (my me) as "ocaml shouldn't be doing
that but there is nothing actually wrong".  Agreed it belongs in var, if
anyone wants to tilt at upstream windmills.

>> Also I'd like to remove the annoying "..." progress output of pkg_admin
>> check.  Others would argue it violates principles of silent command output,
>> should be on stderr, etc.  I'm simply annoyed that it makes everything look
>> terrible when there are errors, as seen above.
>
> Yes please.

<aol>me too</>

>> It also exits success when there are failures.
>
> Ouch.

if you mean "what do people think of exit 1 when anything is wrong", but
continuing to all, then sounds good.