Re: How to install a file outside of /usr/pkg ($PREFIX)

   Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 19:49:25 +0000
   From: David Holland <dholland-pkgtech%netbsd.org@localhost>

   On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 10:08:22AM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
    > >   the base system doesn't have a way to configure a secondary autoload path
    >
    > There could be a sysctl to set an alternative path, so pkgsrc then could
    > use $PREFIX/kmodules/$arch/$kernel_build_version/modules/... or similar
    > and the user would just add:
    >
    > kern.module.alt_root="/usr/pkg/kmodules"
    >
    > to /etc/sysctl.conf.

   We shouldn't accumulate multiple places in base that specify the
   location of pkgsrc packages.

This isn't a place in base that specifies the location of pkgsrc
packages.  It's a place in base that specifies the location of kernel
modules.

I don't have one unique place for pkgsrc packages: some go in
/pkg/2015Q1, some go in /pkg/2014Q4, some go in
/home/riastradh/pkgsrc/devel/pkg, &c.  Nor do I want my kernel to be
built assuming there exists a unique place for pkgsrc packages.