Re: How to install a file outside of /usr/pkg ($PREFIX)

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 10:08:22AM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
 > >   the base system doesn't have a way to configure a secondary autoload path
 >
 > There could be a sysctl to set an alternative path, so pkgsrc then could
 > use $PREFIX/kmodules/$arch/$kernel_build_version/modules/... or similar
 > and the user would just add:
 >
 > kern.module.alt_root="/usr/pkg/kmodules"
 >
 > to /etc/sysctl.conf.

We shouldn't accumulate multiple places in base that specify the
location of pkgsrc packages.

How about one sysctl that contains "/usr/pkg" by default that
everything else consults? (now, what to name that sysctl...
kern.pkgpath? vfs.pkgpath? lemon yellow with teal accents?)

I guess vfs.pkgpath, because there should be a magic symlink expando
for it :-)

I should take this to tech-userlevel I guess.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost