Re: switching remaining platforms to modular X by default

On Fri, Jun 07, 2013 at 04:49:22PM +0000, David Holland wrote:
>  > That looks promising. Can you please try that out after reverting
>  > changing "x11/libXft/builtin.mk" so it doesn't include the other
>  > "builtin.mk" files?
>
> I wrote and tested it before you committed that :-)

Excellent.

> I shall commit it now, I think. Do you want me to remove the stuff in
> libXft/builtin.mk it supersedes?

Yes, please.

>  > The rest of my changes should deal with the other problems and e.g.
>  > using the legacy "Xft2" package instead of "libXft".
>
> Right.

As far as I can tell all the problems are fixed now:
1.) NetBSD 6.1 uses "fontconfig" and "libXft" from "pkgsrc".
2.) NetBSD-current uses native "fontconfig" and "libXft".
3.) Platforms that ship with X.org based X11 e.g. NetBSD 6.1 or
    Mac OS X will use "x11/libXft" and not the ancient "fonts/Xft2".

        Kind regards