Re: switching remaining platforms to modular X by default

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 01:17:13PM +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:
 > > because the reason it doesn't work is, as I noted, that builtin.mk
 > > files aren't included in tree order.
 >
 > That is fixed.

...with a special-case hack. Do you see any reason not to commit my
general fix?

 > > Also, even if it did work, you'd still get the ancient Xft2 package;
 > > as best I recall it is in pkgsrc for use only with pre-modular X11, so
 > > probably it wouldn't work and possibly it wouldn't even build.
 >
 > I've fixed that as well. I only need to do another "revbump" madness and
 > it should all work fine.

Thanks.

 > I'm sorry for the repeated bumps and broken state for a couple of days.
 > This could have all been avoided if the original submitter had tested
 > in an appropriate environment.

sorry I've been a little tetchy about it; it is vexing to find people
breaking one's world and then giving the impression of not being
interested in fixing it.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost