Re: switching remaining platforms to modular X by default

On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 12:50:58PM +1200, David Sainty wrote:
> > (It might be that using an explicit PREFER to also build libXft from
> > pkgsrc will fix the overt problems. But that might also just make
> > things worse, depending on what else libXft links to and what else is
> > linked to it.)
> >

> I think Pkgsrc already makes some attempt to get this right what you're
> describing, in pkgsrc/fonts/Xft2/builtin.mk:
>
> .if defined(USE_BUILTIN.fontconfig) && !
> empty(USE_BUILTIN.fontconfig:M[nN][oO])
> USE_BUILTIN.Xft2=       no
> .endif
>
> This code (or code like it) seems like it should resolve that problem -
> perhaps the check is incomplete or being subverted?

The code works fine as far as I can tell:

tron@colwyn:/usr/pkgsrc/editors/ted>uname -a
NetBSD colwyn.zhadum.org.uk 6.1 NetBSD 6.1 (COLWYN.64) #0: Sun May 19 19:41:19
BST 2013  tron%colwyn.zhadum.org.uk@localhost:/src/sys/compile/COLWYN.64 amd64
tron@colwyn:/usr/pkgsrc/editors/ted>make VARNAME=X11_TYPE show-var
native
tron@colwyn:/usr/pkgsrc/editors/ted>make VARNAME=USE_BUILTIN.Xft2 show-var
no
tron@colwyn:/usr/pkgsrc/editors/ted>make VARNAME=USE_BUILTIN.fontconfig show-var
no
tron@colwyn:/usr/pkgsrc/editors/ted>make VARNAME=USE_BUILTIN.freetype2
show-varyes

The only problem that I could really confirm is that under NetBSD-current
"pkgsrc" got confused because the native "freetype2" wasn't accepted
while the native "fontconfig" was.

I've fixed that in the meantime.

        Kind regards