On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 04:19:57PM +0000, Taylor R Campbell wrote:
 > It shouldn't be too hard in principle to fix all the issues that have
 > been reported.  We just need a list of environment variables that
 > pkgsrc cares about:
 > [snip]

or, maybe a better approach would be to distinguish SETENV for builds
from SETENV for recursive pkgsrc make invocations.

We only really *need* to clean the environment when running stuff from
packages. Making the pkgsrc infrastructure itself immune to random
weirdness in the environment should be a separable problem, and it's
both less critical and where most of the problems are appearing.

David A. Holland