Re: python31 amd64 6.0 binary built without IPv6 support?

"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed%reedmedia.net@localhost> writes:

> On Tue, 8 Jan 2013, Greg Troxel wrote:
>
>> "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed%reedmedia.net@localhost> writes:
>>
>> > By the way, can someone explain if _OPSYS_HAS_INET6 or IPV6_READY
>> > should be used anymore? Or if only the options.mk framework like above?
>>
>> I believe that this is all deprecated, and that programs that can use or
>> not use IPv6 should have an inet6 option.
>
> Should we add to mk/defaults/obsolete.mk ?

Sorry, I was speaking too loosely.

_OPSYS_HAS_INET6 is an internal variable, set in platform/foo.mk
depending on whether the operating system has v6 support.  Users and
packagers should not pay attention to this.

in mk/features/feature-vars.mk, inet6 is added to MISSING_FEATURES if
_OPSYS_HAS_INET6 isn't true.

in bsd.prefs.mk, IPV6_READY is set to YES or NO, depending on
_OPSYS_HAS_INET6.

There is apparent duplication between misc/toplevel.mk and
scripts/mkreadme.

So I think the confusion comes down to
  PKG_SUPPORTED_OPTIONS having inet6 (if v6 is optional)
  USE_FEATURES=inet6 (for programs that must use v6)

I don't think we should put these in obsolete.  Maybe though, we should
rename IPV6_READY to have a leading _, or see about getting rid of it
(given FEATURES, it seems redundant).

 think _OPSYS_HAS_INET6 being false leads to the equivalent of
>> PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=-inet6.
>
> That is what I thought, but I can't find mk code for this nor can I
> reproduce it.

I can't find the code that avoids the inet6 option if _OPSYS_HAS_INET6
isn't true either.