Re: New options for freeswitch

On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 09:51:34 +0100
David Laight <david%l8s.co.uk@localhost> wrote:
> I presume the 'meta' package is there to pull in a working set of
> pacakges? I suspect it need not contain the 'high quality' sound
> parts, as they can be installed as extras - would make sense to me.

Both the sounds and the music?  It just seems like a decision that a
user would want to make once.  That's why I suggested freeswitch-08k
instead of freeswitch-music-08k and freeswitch-sounds-08k.  That way
they decide in mk.conf what quality files they want and it applies
whether they use the meta package or build the individual ones.

> Maybe put all the high quality sound bits in one gigantic package??

What is "high quality"?  I assume you mean 32k and 48k but some might
think 16k is high and others may feel that only 48k is high.  We are
just back to making decisions for everyone.

I think that I am just going to go ahead with my original plan.  It
seems logical to me and I really want to get to the next part of this
project.  We could debate forever.  If there is a real groundswell for
splitting we can do it later.

I do have the answer to my original question.  I am going to use
freeswitch-##k as the option names.

Now, what colour do we paint it?  :-)

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>