the way forward for kde3, xine, and arts

Let's try this again, since the last attempt didn't have the right
Subject: and so probably nobody noticed.

kde3 broke recently because the new xine-lib removed the xine-arts
plugin, which is required by several kde3 packages.

Does anyone know what the recommended approach to dealing with this
is? We can probably for now restore the xine-arts plugin (although
it'll take work) but that's not a good long-term plan if there's
another alternative.

I'm not a kde user so I don't have any idea or even any idea where to
look for upstream recommendations.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost