Re: OpenIndiana/SunOS binary pkgsrc repository

Hi Marion

> Nice work on the repository, the pkgadd-format pkgin and bootstrap
> bundle is really handy.

You are welcome, and thanks for your feedback.

> One problem with the bundle is that after installing it, "pkgin update"
> claims the local database is already up to date against the repository.
> Subsequent "pkgin avail" and "pkgin install ..." claim that there are
> no available packages.
>
> I found that removing /opt/ipp/pkg/var/db/pkgin/pkgin.db, and then doing
> another "pkgin update", fixed this problem.

I'll look into that, when I got some time, just became dad for the second time two days ago.

Try installing all the oi host dependencies listed in the wiki on our project site https://www.illumos.org/projects/worsoe/wiki/Bulk_build_prerequisites

> As you might guess from the above, all this is being done on a freshly
> installed OI148 system.  Let me know what I can do to help diagnose further.

Any help is great help, from testing, report bugs, make patches etc.

Cheers,
Mads Worsøe Duun