Re: gsed:run not working

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Sun, May 08, 2011 at 12:52:21AM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
>> On Sat, 07 May 2011 23:42:18 +0900, Tim Zingelman <tez%netbsd.org@localhost>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >No, but I know other aspects of USE_TOOLS are broken (or not matching
>> >documentation) for a while, but I have not found time to look at it.
>> >See http://gnats.netbsd.org/44828 for an example of
>> >USE_TOOLS+=diff:pkgsrc not working.
>>
>> I feel diff:pkgsrc in USE_TOOLS dose not mean that the package require diff
>> from pkgsrc,
>> It means just diff is used by pkgsrc infrastructure, i.e. hidden build
>> dependency.
>
> Exactly.
>
> Joerg

So just to be clear, what is the correct way to specify that pkgsrc
version of diff is needed in the make install phase for a package such
as databases/mysql51-client to fix that PR?  Is the 'make install'
phase considered runtime vs. build?  (There are at least a couple open
PR's on this kind of problem.)

Thanks,

 - Tim