Re: Initial MirBSD support for pkgsrc

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 15:01, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 02:41:42PM +0100, Benny Siegert wrote:
>> This is why I only changed modts, where it matters. It would also be
>> possible to change only the one failing test, or to define a variable
>> ECHO_COMMAND, which could be set either to echo or to printf '%s\n'.
>
> $ echo foo bar
> foo bar
>
> $ printf '%s\n' foo bar
> foo
> bar

I realize this. The only place I need it is this line in
devel/bmake/files/test-suite/modts (note the quoted argument):

-       @echo 'LIST:ts/x:tu="${LIST:ts\x:tu}"'
+       @printf '%s\n' 'LIST:ts/x:tu="${LIST:ts\x:tu}"'

This is because otherwise the \x is expanded by the shell on MirBSD.

--Benny.