Re: Initial MirBSD support for pkgsrc

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 20:13, Alistair Crooks <agc%pkgsrc.org@localhost> wrote:
> The bmake modts tests diff is still to be committed - I'd like to check
> that some of the more "historically sound" platforms have printf
> available to them. I do take the point about interpreting backslashes,
> so please bear with us - as this is just the bmake unit tests, I don't
> think it's critical.

Any ETA about applying this diff? The problem is that failures in the
bmake test suite are treated as fatal errors during the bootstrap.
Thus, users need to apply the patch manually for running bootstrap on
MirBSD. The printf(1) manpage in NetBSD says

     The printf utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1'').

so I am somewhat confident that printf is available virtually everywhere.

--Benny.