Re: handling moved configuration files

On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 14:47 +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> Your example made me think, I could perhaps just add Dovecot 2.0 as a new
> mail/dovecot2 package (also since dovecot 1.x is still supported).

That may all depend on the Dovecot roadmap. Maybe create a mail/dovecot1
package instead for those who can't bring themselves to upgrade? As
others have mentioned it doesn't make sense to try and run both versions
of Dovecot on the same machine, so forcing sysadmins to track the
current major version number of Dovecot in the package name forever
doesn't seem to be warranted.

I'm one of these people that built mail/dovecot last week, updated my
CVS repository to get the latest version of everything and then when I
build mail/dovecot this week, I expect to get the latest version
(again). I'm also one of these people that maintains test systems
separate from production so that I can find issues with -current before
I use it for real.

Cheers,
Lloyd

This email and any attachment may contain confidential information.   If you
have received this email or any attachment in error, please delete the email /
attachment, and notify the sender.  Please do not copy, disclose or use the
email, any attachment, or any information contained in them. Consider the
environment before deciding to print: avoid printing if you can, or consider
printing double-sided.