RE: handling moved configuration files

Does pkgsrc have a general policy for handling multiple concurrently-support
major versions of packages?

Seems to me that when version X+1 of package bar/foo comes out, that we should
create bar/fooX (if we need to maintain support for the old one) and let
bar/foo be the new one.  I, too, think it makes sense that if you want the
latest and greatest foo, you should be able to just install bar/foo and have
it.  If someone knows he needs an outdated version, then the responsibility for
tracking the version numbers should fall on him.

Tim Larson
App Admin, Intercall Production Services