RE: handling moved configuration files

Does pkgsrc have a general policy for handling multiple concurrently-support
major versions of packages?

Seems to me that when version X+1 of package bar/foo comes out, that we should
create bar/fooX (if we need to maintain support for the old one) and let
bar/foo be the new one.  I, too, think it makes sense that if you want the
latest and greatest foo, you should be able to just install bar/foo and have
it.  If someone knows he needs an outdated version, then the responsibility for
tracking the version numbers should fall on him.

Thanks,
Tim
--
Tim Larson
App Admin, Intercall Production Services