Re: Patch name changes

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:14:33 +0200
Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

> I suggest we starting from now on, we use the name
> patch-path_relative_to_wrksrc_filename instead, i.e. run the path of
> the name of the file to patch through
>       sed -e "s,_,__,g"  -e "s,/,_,g"
> and prefix "patch-".

I've given this some thought as well after pkgsrccon and concluded it
would be a huge win for the packages I maintain, so I'm all for it.

Some suggestions:

There may be situations where case-insensitivity presents a problem:
some packages have for example both Makefile and makefile. We should
take some measures (like having pkglint complain) to prevent people
from checking in patches that will break case-insensitive checkouts of
pkgsrc.

I don't know if we have any patches where there's whitespace in the
path name. If so, the above sed-fu should translate them to
something suitable.

-Tobias