Re: Adobe Reader

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Robert Elz wrote:

> You can warn them of the dangers, and of course, you don't have to do
> anything to assist people do something that you think is wrong, or ill
> advised, but you don't get to make other people's decisions for them.

IMO this is actually an argument for removing the package.

By providing the package, we assist people to do something that is now
considered ill advised. By not providing it, we don't prohibit them
installing it if they wish, as pkgsrc is not the only way to install
software..

Indeed, there is presumably nothing to stop users from running the version
they already have installed, for many years to come?

iain