Re: proposed patches for bmake (Interix and Haiku)

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 22:51:06 +0900, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 05:47:18PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
Attached patches are acceptable for devel/bmake?

Please talk with sjg about them. Avoid direct changes.

I've also CC to you and sjg@ to avoid waste time (ex, acceptable for sjg@,
but not for pkgsrc).

I strongly dislike the way patch-1 is done. If any, it should get
abstracted into a proper compat function and use a macro to switch
between real vfork and the compat version.

improvement is welcome.

patch-2:
On Haiku, failed to unit-test.
Set MACHINE_ARCH for i386.

For Haiku, remain one problem, lack of ar.h,
no ARMAG, SARMAG and struct ar_hdr definitions, then failed to compile arch.c.

Detect the presence and define them otherwise.

Honestly, I don't know for what it is used...
Is there any lack of ar.h platform supported by pkgsrc?

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost