Re: Proposed patch for libnbcompat to improve support of OpenBSD, Interix and Haiku

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 22:56:55 +0900, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 10:44:54PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
1. kill __weak_alias in db1 part, same as other part in libnbcompat. (PR#42102,
for OpenBSD)

Just remove them, don't #if 0 them.

Then, please do it as you can maintain easy.

3. check endian.h in configure and use it in files/nbcompat/endian.h (Haiku)

Why exactly?

For Haiku, exactly endian.h, neither sys/endian.h, machine/endian.h,
sys/byteorder.h,
Without it, warning "redefined" again and again....

5. check optreset with getopt.h in configure, include getopt.h in
files/nbcompat/getopt.h,
   and guard redefinitions, for Interix-6.0 (PR#42379).

I explicitly don't think getopt.h should be pulled in by
nbcompat/getopt.h. I also don't think optreset should be checked as
defined by getopt.h...

Without it, optreset will be multiple defined (in libc and libnbcomat), and
will be confused.
I think it is PR#42379.

and
6. OK to update config.sub and config.guess?

--
"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost