Re: Naming restrictions for Solaris packages

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 09:22:29AM +1200, Lloyd Parkes wrote:
> Maybe a heuristic could be to strip lower case letters from words 2
> through N-1 in the package name and then concatenate those words
> into a single word so that p5-CGI-Application-Plugin-ValidateRM
> becomes p5-CGIAP-ValidateRM and p5-CatalystX-CRUD-Controller-RHTMLO
> becomes p5-CXCRUDC-RHTMLO? I have picked the worst examples on
> purpose.

I would just use a manual mapping table for the PKGNAME and do something
adhoc for those. Same for PKGNAME with invalid characters. As I wanted
to point out, the list is small enough that it shouldn't create a large
maintainance hassle.

Otherwise: improvements for gensolpkg are much appreciated by Solaris
users, though I don't fall into that category :)

Joerg