Re: up2date - something for NetBSD?

> As Jeremy said, I'm actually working on an apt-get like tool, handling
> at least install, upgrade and delete. The tool, called pkg_dry,
> fetches
> pkg_summary(5) to build a SQLite database, containing packages list,
> dependencies, and -for now- a little subset of information like
> COMMENT and such. It uses pkg_info -Xa to generate a "local"
> pkg_summary(5).
JFYI. If you choose sqlite to provide search capabilities, have a look
at pkg_grep_summary utility from summary utils. It may suit your needs
and remove heavy dependencies.

Samples of usage:

       pkg_grep_summary -s 'PKGPATH' 'devel/libjudy'
       pkg_grep_summary -m 'PKGPATH' '^wip/'
       pkg_grep_summary 'PKGNAME' 'fvalue ~ /judy/' \
             < /usr/pkgsrc/packages/pkg_summary.txt
       pkg_grep_summary 'PKGPATH' 'fvalue ~ /^lang\//' \
             < /usr/pkgsrc/packages/pkg_summary.txt
       pkg_grep_summary 'DEPENDS' 'fvalue ~ /libX/' \
             < /usr/pkgsrc/pkg_src_summary.txt
       pkg_grep_summary 'COMMENT' 'toupper(fvalue) ~ /DNS/' \
             < /usr/pkgsrc/pkg_src_summary.txt

wip/pkg_online may also be useful. It is a very powerful client/server
searcher and can easily be adapted for offline work.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.