Re: up2date - something for NetBSD?

This is two things: 1) a database of available packages; and 2) tools to
utilize it.

The database is available. See pkg_summary manual page. I have been told
that the database is updated/regenerated automatically for the binary
packages available on our download server. See the pkg_summary.gz file(s).

Tools to use it ... my wip/pkg_get (I still need to rename) is a quick
shell script  hack to use it. It has a manual page. It can retrieve the
database and tell you what packages you can update. It can also help you
install and update packages. Also see pkgpm (which I think is more robust
and featureful, but I haven't use yet).

And see pkg_chk -- it can use the pkg_summary database too. Maybe others
can use it also.

And today I was told of another new tool (and I was pointed to the source
code). I will let that developer share this news.