Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/mk

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 01:27:52PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
> IMO, just a note:
>  * There is no technical reason to create wrkdir symlink.

On the contrary - trying to figure out what happened in the build
is a perfectly good reason for wanting an easy way to get to the
work directory. This is especially important if some extra help
is needed. Shell completion doesn't work too well when there is no
symbolic link.

>  * It may cause problems, but no (or little?) gains
>    (convenience to refer wrkdir from packge dir?)
> so CREATE_WRKDIR_SYMLINK should be "no" by default.

Once again, you are saying that, because *you* have no need for a
feature, that no-one should have any need for that feature. I do
not agree with this viewpoint - in fact, the history of pkgsrc has
shown that we have bent over backwards to accommodate people with
differing viewpoints.

Regards,
Alistair