Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/mk

Alistair Crooks <> wrote,

> Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 04:55:57 +0100
> From: Alistair Crooks <>
> To: OBATA Akio <>
> Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/mk
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 01:27:52PM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
> > IMO, just a note:
> >  * There is no technical reason to create wrkdir symlink.
> On the contrary - trying to figure out what happened in the build
> is a perfectly good reason for wanting an easy way to get to the
> work directory. This is especially important if some extra help
> is needed. Shell completion doesn't work too well when there is no
> symbolic link.

That might be a good reason to set it back to "no" :) This is just the
case where I discovered it when working on Solaris. Basically pkgsrc
complains about a symlink when WRKDIR isn't set in mk.conf.

Well, I think either or is fine, just make sure that we don't break
sandboxed builds on Solaris :)

btw, if you run -current on Solaris right now you won't be able to build
a single package. So, I'll vote another time for "change back to NO" :)