Re: gettext 0.16 vs 0.14.6

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 09:20:33AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I read the NEWS for gettext 0.17, and it didn't say anything about
> printf argument reordering.

It has been an issue for any gettext after 0.14, I think.

> Is that something specified in POSIX, or a
> Linuxism, or something else?  I can see it being useful for
> printing internationalized dates.

XSI, as said already.

> 0.16 is definitely not bleeding edge:

I never said it would be. I can just update it, the problem is that it
doesn't help the NetBSD release at all. The number of packages that
really want the newer features has been very limited, so I didn't saw a
strong reason to touch this.

Joerg