Re: Reducing the number of patches in pkgsrc

Klaus Heinz wrote:
IMO we must reduce the number of patches. Often it is not clear why a patch
is even there. CVS history is often useless because updates to patches
mostly belong to some general update of the package with a CVS message
like "update of foo to verson x.y". What is the meaning of those changed
patches? Impossible to tell from CVS history.

For this reason, pkglint will again warn about uncommented patches. I knew this code would be useful some day in the future. ;)

Update pkglint and run "pkglint -Wall" to see it in action.

Roland